The Australian Safe Communities Foundation (ASCF) is a national, not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to build and maintain a network of communities that are committed to and actively engaged in safety promotion.
The Cost of injuries on Australian communities
- On a typical day, around 1200 people are admitted to hospital with injuries
- More than half are males (57%)
- Falls and transport accidents are the main causes of injury
- People who live in very remote regions have the highest rate of hospital admission due to injury
- Indigenous Australians are twice as likely to be admitted to hospital
- Work-related injuries and illnesses cost $60.6 billion per year
The ASCF is part of the Pan Pacific Safe Communities Network (PPSCN), which is made up of Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States. The PPSCN's mission is to improve networking and collaboration between safe communities located in the Pan Pacific region.
2016 Webinar Series
Road Safety–Thursday 18 August 2016
Update from the World Safety Conference 2016–Thursday 20 October 2016